Are you trying desperately to shed those extra pounds? Looking up new diet plans to stay healthier? Well, you might have heard of the Paleo diet plan.
The Paleo diet plan basically involves consuming the food items which were available to cavemen and helps then sustain a healthy and prolonged life.
Does The Paleo Diet Plan Really Work?
One of the biggest questions that persist through every oneβs mind when adopting a diet plan is whether it really works. Continuing a diet, without any facts or researches to support it, is absolutely futile.
1. A research conducted by Lindberg S and et al states and supports the fact that this diet improves the glucose tolerance in people with heart diseases. This effect was studied on a group of 29 men where the paleo group lost a significant amount of weight. This was for 12 weeks.
2. A research conducted by Frassetto and others noted the metabolic and physiological improvements after following this diet. It was conducted on a group of 9 healthy people for 10 days after which it was noted that cholesterol, insulin and blood pressure went down significantly, thus proving that this diet is effective.
Foods To Avoid When On A Paleo Diet Plan
There are certain foods that you need to avoid when on the paleo diet. These are absolutely off limits and are mainly considered as processed food. You have to understand that it is an entire lifestyle of a caveman that you are adopting.
Listed below are the food items you have to avoid:
- Processed sugar other than honey, maple syrup or sugar made out of coconut.
- Vegetable oil, soya bean oil, corn oil, or any kind of vegetable seed oil.
- Grains which include wheat, rice, corn, etc. This also includes bread, pasta, cereal, cookies, etc.
- Dairy products which are processed.
- Beans and legumes.
- Any and all kind of junk foods like burger, soda, pizza, etc.
- Alcohol and quinoa.
The Foods That You Should Have
- Vegetables should be absolutely included. However, do not indulge much on potato, butternut squash, turnips, yams, etc.
- Fruits which include berries, coconut, olives. Do not over indulge on bananas, mangos, pineapple, and also, limit your intake of nuts and seeds.
- Any kind of meat can be included under this diet which also includes organs meat.
- Green beans and peas, despite being a part of legume, can be included in this diet.
- Oil like ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, butter, avocado oil, duck fat can be included.
- Fish is another important aspect of this diet. You can also include other seafood.
- You can also include eggs, spices, and beverages like tea and coffee.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs and a few grapes.
- Lunch: Salad with olive oil, lemon dressing and roasted cauliflower.
- Dinner: Grilled steak with baked asparagus.
- Breakfast: Fruits andΒ 3 slices of bacon.
- Lunch: Salad and basic avocado dressing along with sirloin strips.
- Dinner: Bacon wrapped chicken with sweet potato.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs with an apple.
- Lunch: Chicken breast with boiled potatoes.
- Dinner: Cauliflower mash with meatballs.
- Breakfast: A smoothie made from your favourite fruits.
- Lunch: Chicken wraps.
- Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese with squash.
- Breakfast: Muffins made out of carrots.
- Lunch: A salad of your choice.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken.
- Breakfast: Fruits andΒ a few slices of bacon.
- Lunch: Beef and stir fried veggies.
- Dinner: Spiced pork with veggies of your choice.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs.
- Lunch: Wraps.
- Dinner: Buffalo burgers.